Aberdeen International Airport
10 reasons to invest
ENERGETICA OFFERS EXCITING INVESTMENT AND GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES FOR ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY ORGANISATIONS OF ALL SIZES. READ ON TO DISCOVER OUR TOP 10 REASONS FOR INVESTING IN THE CORRIDOR.
- Large scale land allocations available for development (approx. 300ha of housing land and approx. 100ha of commercial land was allocated for development across Aberdeen City & Shire in 2012)
- Lower land costs than elsewhere within the region (Peterhead approx. £100k/acre compared to Westhill at approx. £500k/acre)
- Significant investment in transport infrastructure by public sector including the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route and Balmedie to Tipperty Dualling at the south end of the corridor
- Significant public sector investment in fibre broadband along the full length of the Energetica Corridor. Private sector led broadband infrastructure in place and expanding to new customers in south of Energetica Corridor, around the current AECC site and airport area, providing gigabit symmetrical services
- Large scale development of innovative energy related projects in the Peterhead area, including NorthConnect, and Statoil Hywind. Europe’s largest hydrogen bus fleet operates in the south of the Energetica Corridor, supporting commercialisation of the technology. A new Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre (AECC), including hotel and conferencing facilities, has been approved for the west of the corridor at Dyce, incorporating an innovative new energy centre
- The region benefits from a high quality of life and stunning natural environment - Aberdeenshire has topped the Bank of Scotland rankings 4 times since 2006 in its quality of life rankings
- Skilled workforce with over 40 years of knowledge built up in oil and gas sector in the North Sea
- Significant investment in new education infrastructure, including a new academy campus at Ellon and proposals for a new Academy at Peterhead
- Incentives available, including Research & Development grants
- Access to a business support network, including Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire Councils, Business Gateway (Elevator) and Scottish Enterprise Account Management.